Tuesday 13 September 2011

Fruity loops vs Logic pro

FL Studio vs Logic

Prior to when I bought a macintosh I figured it might be a smooth changeover, grabbing the vst plugin folder and then copying it all over, firing up logic and taking advantage of my favorite instruments, unfortunately now this was not the way it is. Apples don’t work with vsts in the same way Personal computers do, they use an alternate set up known as ‘AU’, when i noticed i really was disappointed, I had to buy my vst plugins yet again not to mention transfer every one of the presets I prized. Clearly there was an benefit of this though, after obtaining the bare minimum of the best plug-ins I uncovered that i started to be a whole lot more inventive once i limited the amount of alternate options I had created, stripping away the excess can be really great for the artistic endeavor.

FL Studio vs Logic

The ui in logic is a lot dissimilar to that of FL studio, it took me quite a long time to work out that you really could not simply put drum samples inside the step sequencer and put a beat together, you need to load a sampler instrument, normally exs24 and maybe program all of them using a midi controller or paint them all in the piano roll, the fantastic thing about logic in this instance would be the fact it will let you add various drum samples into any key using your midi keyboard, a thing that fruityloops will not enable you to do with out a large amount of messing around, this let me play the whole entire drum track making use of the keyboard which ends up with a really natural groove that shows inside your drum tacks.

After learning the entire logic user interface it really actually starts to make a substantial amount of sense and gives you lots of versatility as opposed to fruity loops. One of several advantages of logic is the fact that virtually every sequence is exclusive, any time you reproduce a pattern into the main timeline, you can reproduce it, modify it, and it will merely affect the instance you're modifying, this is simply not the case using FL and its certainly great for building fantastic arrangements.

Whilst messing around with logic I noticed that it boasts a much more quality sound than flstudio has, it requires a great deal more time to create a track made in FL studio to come across ‘well mixed’ than it does in logic, the tracks in logic are usually more full and also the audio tracks are more quickly divided.

One issue I find when understanding the concepts of any new-found piece of software is I rarely ever feel completely competent to move a notion from my brain down in the program until I understand the DAW thoroughly, I knew fruityloops inside out and i believed like I had extensive creative command, I do not truly feel quite that way when working with logic yet however it’s just a matter of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment